Mar. 2, 2017 By Jack Jodell, American Dissident, N.M.P.
THE COUNTDOWN: As of today, only 1,054 more days in this administration’s term in office.
Donald Trump loves to imply that he is a wealthy, successful billionaire businessman. Of course, the exact extent of his wealth remains a mystery, since he has adopted the cowardly stance of refusing to release his income tax records, claiming he is being audited. Reliable sources have told us that he is actually heavily in debt to a number of foreign banks. If true, he may NOT be the billionaire he claims to be and may actually be financially strapped and in over his head. Regardless, he has been a conniving businessman for a great many years, and, on paper at least, seems to own a vast number of companies in a great many fields, among which are Real Estate, Hotels, Golf Courses. Trust Companies, Casinos, and others. His areas of involvement seem to be more confined and less diverse than those of the Koch brothers (which I will list and urge a similar boycotton at a later date), but they are still pretty expansive, as you will see.
While giving perhaps the best speech he has ever given before Congress on Tuesday night, it was monetheless lie-laden, from his assertion that his botched raid in Yemen was “successful” to the lie about it yielding solid intelligence information, which intelligence officials insist it did NOT. Plus, it was easy to see that his rhetoric did not match that of the past 18 months or so, and even for his entire prior life thus far. It was full of lofty goals, but, typically, it was devoid of any clue as how to achieve those goals. Now, this “Trumplethinskin” has called for a gigantic rise in military spending, and his compliant, bought-out Republican Party will undoubtedly grant him his insane request. He insists that we must once again start “winning” wars. What will be next? An invasion of Poland? The setting up of Trump Youth camps throughout the country? This greedy and gluttonous ogre needs to be stopped NOW, and I am recommending we start with his pride and joy, his businesses!
If you are as tired of Trump’s constant hubris, lying, and preference for the measly 1% of billionaires over regular working people who make up the vast 99% MAJORITY of our citizens as I am, doesn’t it make sense that we in the 99% MAJORITY should refuse to spend ANY of our money in ANY of Trump’s businesses and BOYCOTT he and his enterprises altogether? You BET it does! There are those who may argue that a boycott of this type will never succeed in hurting Trump, or that withholding funds from these institutions will only cost his thousands of underlings their jobs, as Trump will simply jettison THEM first. I say: TOO BAD – SO BE IT! That will serve as a lesson to those who are helping to add to that vile man’s wealth!
I had a little trouble finding out exactly which businesses Trump and his family own outright, and which he or his clan partly own, or have a share of the ownership and/or operation. Like many businesspersons, Trump and his ilk prefer to hide the full extent of their involvement in certain enterprises. Paradoxically, though, the conceited and arrogant Trump LOVES to have the Trump name affixed to a great many entitities, some of which he has lent that name out to for a fee. As each of these financially benefit Trump in some fashion, I strongly suggest avoiding ALL of them – not even spending a penny on a gumball in the building’s front foyer!
Below are listed a number of Trump-owned businesses and properties we should all AVOID like the plague:
1. Trump Tower, 725 Fifth Avenue, Midtown Manhattan
2. Central Park Carousel – Manhattan
3. Trump Palace: 200 East 69th Street, New York, NY.
4. Trump Parc and Trump Parc East – Two adjoining apartment buildings on Central Park South at the southwest corner of The Avenue of the Americas in New York City.
5. Trump Plaza, 167 East 61st Street, New York, NY.
6. (Old Mayfair Hotel), 610 Park Avenue, New York, NY.
7. Trump SoHo, New York, NY.
8. Trump Bay Street – A planned 447-unit rental apartment building in Jersey City with the real estate development company, Kushner Properties and The KABR Group.
9. Trump Plaza – A project planned for New Jersey’s two tallest residential towers. (Tower 2 went broke and was cancelled).
10. Trump Plaza – A 39-story luxury residence and hotel with retail space in Westchester County, NY, along with with developer Louis R. Cappelli.
11. Trump Park Stamford: This development is located in Stamford, CT with F. D. Rich Company and Louis R. Cappelli.
12. Trump Park Residences – A development in Shrub Oak, NY with Louis Cappelli.
13. Trump Towers Sunny Isles Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, FL, is an oceanfront condominium development made up of three 271-unit towers with developer Dezer Properties.
14. Trump Grande Ocean Resort and Residences:, which is a 3-building oceanfront group made up of the Trump International Beach Resort and two residential condominium towers, the Trump Palace and Trump Royale, with developer Dezer Properties.
15. Trump Hollywood, a 40-story building on Hollywood Beach, FL with Jorge M. Pérez.
16. Trump International Hotel and Tower Waikiki Beach, HI.
17. Trump International Hotel and Tower, New Orleans, LA. (This project is scheduled to begin construction early 2017).
18. Trump International Hotel and Tower – Chicago, IL
19. Trump International Hotel & Tower Lido Lake, West Java, Indonesia.
20. Trump International Hotel & Tower, 1133 W. Georgia St., Vancouver, Canada. A skyscraper under construction in Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
21. Trump Towers Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
22. Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower, Panama.
23. Trump World, Seoul, S. Korea: for which Trump received a licensing fee of $5 million to lend his name).
24. Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto, Canada
25. The Palm Trump International Hotel and Tower, Dubai
26. Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico was a planned 3 tower, 25-story, 526 unit hotel condominium, San Diego. This project collapsed due to the project’s failure to secure financing.
27. Trump at Cap Cana will be located in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
28. Trump Tower Manila, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines: The brand name and mark is under license. Anticipated completion is to be announced.
29. Trump Tower, Mumbai, India.
30. Trump Towers Pune, India.
31. – 34. The Trump Organization also has a project active in Trump Tower Punta del Este, Uruguay, plus two apparently dormant or dropped projects in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, consisting of a hotel and tower, and in Buenos Aires, Argentina, – a tower.
35. Trump Turnberry, a prestigious golf course in Scotland.
36. Trump National Golf Club, Los Angeles, CA.
37. Trump National Golf Club, Sterling, VA.
38. Trump National Golf Club Westchester in Briarcliff Manor, NY.
39. Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, NJ.
40. Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, FL,
41. Trump National Golf Club Charlotte in Mooresville, NC,
42. Trump National Golf Club in Philadelphia, PA.
43. Trump World Tower, 845 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY.
44. The Trump Building at 40 Wall Street, New York, NY.
45. Trump International Hotel and Tower New York. (Trump provided his name and expertise to the building’s owner – GE – during the building’s re-development in 1994 for a fee totaling $40 million; $25 million for project management and $15 million in incentives deriving from the condo sales. Forbes values Trump’s stake at $12 million. In March 2010, the penthouse apartment at Trump International Hotel & Tower in New York City sold for $33 million.
46. Trump Park Avenue Park Avenue & 59th Street, New York, NY.
47. Mar-a-Lago Country Club, Palm Beach, FL. Most of this estate has been changed into a private club. This landmark property, according to Trump, has received bids near $200,000,000. However, Forbes magazine does not take into account either of Trump’s large vacation residences (Mar-a-Lago or his 213-acre (0.86 km2) spread near Bedford, NY in Westchester County, NY) for its valuation of his wealth. The property is worth as much as $250 million as of 2013.
48. Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C.:
49 – 50. Wollman Rink, Central Park, New York City. This is a public ice rink in the southern part of Central Park, and has been operated by a joint venture between Trump Organization and Rink Management Services of Mechanicsville, Virginia since 2001. The Trump name is prominently displayed on the walls of the rink as well as on the Zamboni that maintains the rink. Operation of the Lasker Rink on the north edge of Central Park is also handled by the two companies.
51. Trump Winery – a winery situated on Trump Vineyard Estates in Charlottesville, Virginia. The vineyard was purchased by Trump in April 2011 from Patricia Kluge, the widow of John Kluge. The property was distressed. and was officially opened in October 2011.Trump’s son Eric was a partner in the purchase. After buying the property, Trump turned over management of it to his son, Eric. Trump has claimed be a “100%” owner of the winery, but the winery’s website says in a legal disclaimer that Trump does not own the winery. Although the vineyard is 1,300 acres, only 200 are under cultivation (“Acres under vine”). Contrary to claims made by Trump, the winery is notthe largest on the East Coast, nor even the largest in Virginia.
52. The Doral Resort & Spa in South Florida. Trump bought this out of bankruptcy for $150 million. The 800-acre property includes five golf courses, 700 hotel rooms, has a meeting and conference space, a 50,000-square-foot spa and an extensive retail component. Real estate experts estimate current value of the land alone at Doral could exceed $1 billion. Trump has a $125 million mortgage on the property. Since 2012, the Trump Organization has spent over $250 million in renovations.
In September 2011, the Trump Organization lodged a formal objection to the proposed construction of a wind farm off the Aberdeenshire coast not far from the site of the new hotel and luxury housing. Donald Trump also wrote personally to the First Minister of Scotland protesting mainly on aesthetic grounds at the proposed erection of offshore wind turbines, which he characterized as ‘ugly’. His letter claimed that he was protesting on behalf of the Scottish people, ‘not… merely for the benefit of Trump International Golf Links.’ The Organization’s eventual lawsuit failed, as did the appeal.
In 2011, a documentary directed by Anthony Baxter called You’ve Been Trumped was released, showing the situation of local residents adversely affected by the resort’s construction. It contains footage of, among others, economists who query the benefits claimed for the local economy, environmentalists critical of the damage allegedly caused by the development and golfers who voice doubts about claims made for the resort by the Trump Organization. It also shows Anthony Baxter being arrested while filming by a Grampian Police officer; he was later released without charge. Baxter has been quoted as saying that Trump branded the film ‘boring’ and Baxter himself ‘a fraud’. However, the film has won several awards including the Hamptons Film Festival Social Justice Award and the Maysles Brothers Award for best documentary at the Denver Film Festival.
Readers, I realize that this list may be incomplete and I recognize that, having been a wheeler – dealer for the entirety of his adult life, other businesses owned by Trump or his family may spring up at any time. As of today’s writing, though, I urge us ALL to solidly boycott every one of these businesses! Many of us may never even have the occasion to visit any of these sputs, but Donald Trump needs to be taught a lesson that he can’t feed us his bullshit any longer – we simply will NOT put up with it! And I believe the best and most sure way to teach him that lesson is to hit him right where he’ll notice it the most – in his pocketbook and bank account.
Many knowledgable people have begun to realize how frightfully inaccurate and incomplete our corporate-owned mainstream media has become, and are seeking an uncorrrupted, independent alternative. I encourage all of you to look into FREE SPEECH TV at http://www.freespeech.org/, where you’ll see quality investigative reporting and real news the way it used to be! Check out their website to see what you’ve been missing. Please consider becoming a member, as I have, and ensure that this precious national resource does not disappear under Donald Trump’s authoritarian and pro-corporate assault. FREE SPEECH TV is completely viewer-supported and non-commercial, and receives NO funding whatsoever from corporations or the government! Check it out and join the growing millions who are beginning to see the true light in alternative media! Help us to amplify onderexposed voices and JOIN us TODAY! 🙂
BE WITH US LIVE nearly every Sunday from 6 – 7 PM Eastern Time on BlogTalkRadio’s HERE-BE-MONSTERS THE SUNDAY SHOW. My co-hosts GWEN BARRY of ROUNDTREE7 Blog, WAYNE JOHNSON of MINDS AND TIMES OF F. WAYME JOHNSON, and I discuss a wide range of political, social, and economic topics in an open forum, often with additional guest activists and other persons of interest. Past guests have included ELEANOR GOLDFIELD of FREE SPPECH TV’s ACT OUT!; activist CHERRI FOYTLIN of Bridge the Gulf Project; DANIELLE GUILDAY of The THOM HARTMANN PROGRAM; comedian LEE CAMP of RT America’s Redacted Tonight, “The Progressive Professor” Dr. RONALD FEINMAN, and many more! Call in to participate at (213) 816-0357 , or click on this link to hear an archive of past shows: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/here-be-monsters
We invite you to JOIN THE RESPECTFUL REVOLUTIONBY VISITING http://www.respectfulrevolution.org/. YOU’LL BE AMAZED AT THE BEAUTY OF WHAT EVERYDAY PEOPLE DOING RESPECTFUL THINGS CAN ACCOMPLISH! THE INCREDIBLE PROGRAMS YOU’LL SEE THERE ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION, AND ARE QUALTY FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT THAT IS UPLIFTING AND SHOULD NOT BE MISSED – TELL YOUR FRIENDS! 🙂